The Adoption Process
1. Fill out an adoption application and submit a nonrefundable $25 dollar adoption application fee via the Paypal button on our website & FaceBook page or by mailing a check to Horse North Rescue, PO Box 76 Kingsley, MI 49649
2. Schedule a Meet n' Greet by calling or texting 231-645-4674 and leaving your name and phone number with date & time preferred. NOTE: This is a very basic 30 minute time to interact with the horse. If you have submitted an adoption application, additional time and equine handling is encouraged.
3. Should you be interested in a horse that is not currently available for adoption, we encourage you to submit an application so we can get the preliminary site visit and paperwork started. All horses will be given at least two weeks advertised as "available" before the selection process begins.
4. This application will expire after two years from date of signature or adoption of a HNR horse or whichever comes first.
5. The dedicated volunteers at HNR will conduct a site visit, check on the references you provide and discuss further with you whether that particular horse will be the most suitable for your family.
Please note: All HNR horses are adopted out on a 'right to first refusal contract' meaning if you cannot or should no longer wish to own the horse, HNR must be contacted prior to the horse being advertised or transferred to another home.